It’s been a while since I wrote here, and I blame it on the bus strike. I and a number of people I know have decided it’s not worth getting our hopes up… the bus strike will go on as long as both sides of the issue dig in their heels. In the meantime,we keep doing what we can, and miss out on the thingts we can’t, and try to enjoy ourselves closer to home. I haven’t felt like writing about the damn bus stirke, so instead I offer a list of ten things a person can do on their own without going far.
1) Order a pizza and eat it in an unusual place- like in the bathtub or in your neighbour’s car. Remember to clean up!
2) Make chocolate pudding from scratch and finger paint on the windows with it.
3) Recite poetry to the dog. Rate each poem for the number of tail wags or growls it elicits.
4) Memorize the numbers of your credit, debit and library card. This could come in handy, if you lose them.
5) Take an inventory of your canned goods.
6) Sharpen a lot of pencils.
7) Bake something for your neighbour’s cat.
8) Black out the word “and” in every book you own.
9) Put your Christmas decorations up.
10) Take your Christmas decorations down.
Clearly you can add to this list… you no doubt have your own special ways to amuse yourself at home, and who am I to stop you? if you ever need to talk , there’s always the Metro Transit information line. And if you’re feeling nostalgic, dial up the go time number for your favourite bus stop!